If you are a responsible homeowner or landlord in Boca Raton, Florida, AC repair is bound to make up a small part of your annual expenses for maintaining the value of your home. While AC units can last as long as 20 years, they are given the best opportunity to keep working more efficiently, and for longer, if they are properly cared for with at least annual tune-ups. Especially for those of us who live in warm places where our AC units are constantly running, it’s prudent to get them checked out regularly to ensure everything is in working order. There’s nothing worse than a broken HVAC unit in the middle of Florida’s August!
Boca Raton, Florida AC Repair
Is AC Repair Expensive?
Fortunately for Florida residents, the average cost of hiring a professional AC maintenance service can range from less than $100 to around $200, all told. However, it logically follows that for more extreme cases that require more time and materials to fix the unit, prices can be higher—sometimes as much as $500.
When you consider the expense of maintenance (which truly ought to be done every twelve months or so), and the positive impact this has on your unit’s lifespan, an annual payment of around $100 starts to make more sense than splurging for a new HVAC unit more frequently than you need to. For example, a well-maintained AC unit can last as long as 20 years, even in Florida when they are constantly working. For perspective, a brand new HVAC unit can cost anywhere from $5,000-$8,000—so it’s definitely in your interest to keep your unit in the best shape possible for as long as possible!
Top 7 Things to Look for in an AC Repair Company
If you live in Boca Raton, you understand just how crucial of a component your AC unit is in your everyday life. It is the behind-the-scenes laborer creating a cool and relaxing atmosphere inside your home, without which the Florida heat might become unbearable—or at the very least, sticky and uncomfortable. You don’t have to wait for a crisis to emerge to start researching AC repair companies in Boca Raton! In fact, the sooner you can do a little research and try out local companies for AC maintenance, the better you will be able to know which company you want to work with in the future. Here are the top seven things to look for in a Boca Raton AC repair service:
1. Timeliness: There’s nothing like waiting in a sweltering house for an AC repair service to arrive…not to mention the time it takes them to complete the job and for the working unit to bring the temperature back down to a reasonable limit. When you call a professional AC repair service like Lucas Technical Air, ask them if they service your area and how long it will take to get an expert to your property to quickly troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix the problem.
2. Transparency of pricing: The final bill should never come as a surprise. When selecting a trusted HVAC service, make sure you understand their rates and have an estimate of the cost of service before they ever complete the job. While it is understandable that the circumstances for every unit are unique, a trustworthy AC company will be able to provide you with a rough estimate for the cost so you aren’t left out in the cold when it comes time to pay the final bill.
3. Including the homeowner in the process: It is one thing for an AC repair service to execute their job quickly and professionally, but is another for them to take the time to answer any of your maintenance questions or concerns, and point out any indications of problems so you can be a better, more proactive homeowner when it comes to maintaining your property. Look for technicians who are happy to have a conversation with you and explain what they are doing every step of the way. This not only inspires trust but can help you know when to call for their services before your unit quits working altogether.
4. Experience: Obviously, the more experience a company has, the more likely they are to do the job right the first time—and expeditiously, too. Especially if they ask for hourly rates, an experienced technician will be able to set your unit to rights faster and more effectively than a less experienced one. Don’t be afraid to ask a company how long they’ve been in the game, and look for AC services like Lucas Technical Air that have been in the industry for at least 20 years!
5. Reasonable rates: While you want to find an experienced company, you don’t want one that will inflate their prices based on their level of experience. Is the company willing to work with your budget, provide you with maintenance tips that might extend the life of your unit, or even offer flexible payment plans? Affordable rates are not always a sign of lesser service—so don’t be afraid to have a conversation with a couple of HVAC companies before settling on the one that feels like the right fit for your home.
6. Proper licensing: This should seem like it could go without saying, but it is generally not a good idea to hire an unlicensed, unqualified, or untrained handyman to work on your AC unit in order to save a couple of bucks. Maintaining your AC unit is a large component in maintaining the value of your home—so take care that you do it the right way and that it is well documented.
7. Positive client testimonials: If you’re on the fence about an AC repair service, read through their previous client reviews. Look for indications of positive experiences—but read up on any customers that weren’t satisfied as well, and why. While it’s important to read reviews from the general public with a grain of salt, this can sometimes help provide a tipping point in one direction or another when it comes to picking a service for your needs.
Best Boca Raton, Florida AC Repair Service
When you live in a desert or subtropical climate near the equator, you understand the importance of having a working AC unit. This humble workhorse is the sometimes thankless laborer in the background of your property, keeping your home within tolerable temperature limits and providing immense relief from the outdoor elements–especially during summer. The way we can thank our AC units is by keeping them well-cared for and maintained each year, so they are all the more likely to live longer lives and serve us for up to two decades…potentially saving us thousands of dollars along the way.